I will be slowly adding in new recipes to this blog. Some will be ones that I have already posted on my tumblr account. I’d like to start this blog as a new hobby if I can say. I actually had a blog on blogspot a few years ago but I stopped because there nothing really to blog about. 4 years later, I have found a new love which I can talk about all day anyday, anywhere anytime. Food, health, baking, nutrition and all that 🙂
I love this recipe so much. After wanting to try a vegan version of my friend Avalon’s recipe, it found a suitable one from The Sweet Art. Cupcakes are yummy things but to me good food is not only tasty, but nutritionally healthy as well. The matcha icing tastes like green tea ice cream mmm….
Original cupcake recipe from: The Sweet Art
Original icing recipe from: my friend Avalon
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Green Tea:
Yield: 14-16 cupcakes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sift together almond meal, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda. Add in sugar and salt.
- Combine coconut milk, olive oil, vanilla.
- Mix together dry and wet mixtures.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for about 15 mins at 350 degrees F.
- When cool, cup off the tops of the cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup unsalted [vegan] butter (you can use Earth Balance)
- 2 tbsp milk (or nutmilk or whipping cream)
- 1 tbsp matcha powder, sifted
- 2 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- Mix together matcha and milk.
- Beat butter and icing sugar. Add in matcha mixture and mix until smooth.
- Transfer to piping bag or a plastic bag. Cut the edge of the plastic bag and decorate.
- ** do not put the icing in the fridge! it will become lumpy!