Adapted from Teenage Taste
Yield: 12-16 pieces
1 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup olive oil and additional
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp sea salt and additional for sprinkling
zest of 1/3 of a lemon
1. Add yeast and sugar into water. Let stand for 10 mins.
2. Mix together flours. When yeast is ready, add to the flour. Add in olive oil too. Mix until dough forms and knead 2-3 mins.
3. Rub 2-3 drops of olive oil in hand and rub it on dough. Cover and leave it to rise for 1 hour.
4. After it has rise, press into pan. Cover and let it rise again for 1 hr.
5. Press into the dough with fingers. Spread additional oil and add black pepper, salt, basil, and zest.
6.Bake 15-20 mins at 425 degrees F.